l The Blumen Boas Blog: How about updating the blog?!?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

How about updating the blog?!?

Yes, I know it's been wayyyy too long since I posted an update on my blog. With summer here, I've been busy enjoying the weather, and of course taking care of babies! I just haven't had much time to update my blog. The picture here is of one of the "normal" babies that has a 66% chance of being het for Anery and Sharp Albino. She has a ton of pink/red coming through which will only get better as she gets older. She and the other 2 normal's have been the only babies to shed so far from my second litter this year.

The second Sharp Snow hasn't shed yet, but the first one took almost 2 months to finally shed, so I will be patient....The second Sharp Snow is definitely special, and once he/she has shed I will of course have pictures and share with you all why I think it is "special". The babies are doing great, and the three normals ate their first meals (thawed pinkie rats) without any problems. So far so good!

Cartagena is coming back strong and looks to have made it through the whole process without any problems. She ate 2 small meals after she had her litter (I fed her 1 medium rat a week apart), and then went into shed just like she should. She ate a large rat last week, so she is rebounding great. It will be a slow process to get her back up to her pre-birth weight, but since I will not be breeding her again this coming fall/winter, she has plenty of time.

CAUTION BUSINESS NEWS AHEAD - end your reading now if you don't want to be bored :)! I have sold two normal 66% chance for Anery and Sharp Albino females from my first litter this year, so that's good news. They are both going to a good home, and in a way I will miss them. They both have some great markings and colors, and they are so easy to handle. I try to handle all the babies for a little while at least once every day (except if they have had a meal in the last 24-48 hours) to make sure that they remain friendly. I don't want them to get an attitude from being neglected. I want to make sure that when I sell a baby, their future owner will be happy with their purchase. OK, BUSINESS NEWS IS DONE, lol!

Well, I hope everyone is having a great summer, and hopefully I will update the blog a little more frequently than every 3 weeks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Superb website ! I will save it in my favorites. thxx

June 26, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

About Us | My Collection & Breeding Results | Links & Articles | Available Boas for Sale | Terms of Sale | Contact Us | Home
 
All images and content © 2011 BlumenBoas, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.