l The Blumen Boas Blog: Boa babies - finally!!

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Boa babies - finally!!


Well, after 135 long and agonizing days for me, Cartagena finally had her litter today! She had 7 babies, and one of them was a Sharp Snow - the second one to be born in the world! I definitely got lucky with the odds, that's for sure...

According to the Punnett Square, the probability for having a Snow from a breeding of a DH Snow to DH Snow is 1 for every 16 offspring. Since she only had 7 babies, I definitely got lucky! She also had 1 Sharp Albino which has a 66% chance of being Het Anery (Het Snow), 2 Anerys 66% possible Het Albino (Het Snow), and 3 Normals that are 66% DH Snow (Het Anery and Het Albino). She also had 1 stillborn (an albino), and 5 unfertilized ova (slugs). For more pictures of the litter, click here.

Cartagena and the babies are doing great. She was a little feisty when I went to remove the babies, but she calmed down quickly. I weighed her and she lost a little over 4 pounds during her pregnancy. She will get a small meal tomorrow night to start the process of recovering the lost weight from her pregnancy.
Now that my worrying can officially end, I can finally get a good night's sleep!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger MANNOR said...

hey Congrats on the litter. they are awesome. I like the red one. that is so cool. bye

August 5, 2007 at 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

About Us | My Collection & Breeding Results | Links & Articles | Available Boas for Sale | Terms of Sale | Contact Us | Home
 
All images and content © 2011 BlumenBoas, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.