l The Blumen Boas Blog: A New Litter!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

A New Litter!

Well, one of the animals that I acquired from Bill Kirby had her litter overnight. She is a DH Leopard (Salmon Hypo het Leopard), Lucille, and she was bred by a male Leopard boa, Smoke. She had a healthy litter of 8, along with 5 slugs and 1 stillborn. The 8 babies are 1 Het Leopard, 2 DH Leopards, 4 Leopards, and 1 very special Hypo Leopard.
The mom was a little defensive when I opened her cage to remove her and the babies. Since she had her litter at some point overnight, she was in full "don't mess with me OR my babies" mode....
Thankfully she was just hissing at me, and decided not to bite. More pictures of the litter can be found here, and once the babies have shed and eaten a few meals, they will be available for sale.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

About Us | My Collection & Breeding Results | Links & Articles | Available Boas for Sale | Terms of Sale | Contact Us | Home
 
All images and content © 2011 BlumenBoas, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.