l The Blumen Boas Blog: Snow White?

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Snow White?

OK, maybe I'm just anal, but I had the same issues with "Snow White" as "Whitesnake" - I just couldn't get good accurate pictures of her indoors. I feel it's important to accurately represent your animals, especially as people and potential customers are always wanting to see what they look like "now". I have a photo tent and indoor photography lights, which I have used once, but I really need to figure out the camera settings to capture quality and color-accurate pictures.

She is now 11 months old, and her tail has now turned a purple/lavender color. Her body is still a very off-white/faint yellow color - much different than Whitesnake. Whitesnake had turned yellow within 2 months of being born, and he lost his purple/lavender tail color by the time he was 8 months old. Maybe she is just a late bloomer, or maybe like Sharp albino's there are different "shades"...only time (and more Sharp Snow's) will tell....

I put both of them together for a series of shots to compare the colors between the two. You can see more pictures of her, as well as her and Whitesnake together here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

About Us | My Collection & Breeding Results | Links & Articles | Available Boas for Sale | Terms of Sale | Contact Us | Home
 
All images and content © 2011 BlumenBoas, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.